About Park Farm
Park Farm lies secluded a mile off the road and is surrounded by a landscape unchanged for centuries on the historic Shuckburgh Estate.
Shuckburgh Hall is one of the few country estates in England that is still privately owned and can be seen across the park from the long drive to Park Farm. The Shuckburgh family first settled on the estate in the 12th Century and the Hall is now lived in by the 14th baronet meaning the family have lived on the estate for over 1000 years. The Shuckburgh baronetcy was originally bestowed on Richard Shuckburgh by Charles 1 after the Battle of Edgehill in 1642. Being one of the oldest privately owned estates in the country it has a wealth of history and local interest.
Park Farm is one of several farms on the estate and it’s approach is quite unique, flanked on one side by an ancient deer park and on the other by rolling ‘ridge and furrow’ grass fields.
Having such an ancient landscape means that there is a diverse range of birds and wildlife inhabiting the estate and Park Farm is in the Countrywide Stewardship Scheme which promotes the conservation of the natural flora and fauna. As a result there is a wonderful abundance of wildlife which you can witness for yourself as you approach Park Farm!
Not only is Park Farm primarily a working beef and sheep farm consisting of 300 acres of traditional grassland and home to a pedigree herd of Hereford cattle and a flock of breeding ewes but we also host weddings through the summer months in our beautiful authentic rustic barns.
Being so centrally located in the heart of the the Midlands, we are ideally placed for families to gather from the length and breadth of the country.
The farmhouse at Park Farm is a traditional red brick building originally dating back we think to the late 17th century and back in 2010 once the family started to spread their wings, we began to open the house for guests and share our wonderful environment with others.